Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dear Bill Clinton,

I saw you on the screen at the USa v. Algeria game. I wish I was sitting with you in the box. I wish I was sitting with you not only because I want to be close to you, but because the American fans are so annoying, they don't know how to watch a football match. They stand up the entire time as if this is some act of devotion, when in reality it's just noobish. SIT. DOWN! The kiddies can't see! The short people can't see! It's just rude! See how the rest of the stadium is sitting? See how people are sitting at every other game? As the Englishwoman said to me as we waited for the pisser, "They're new to the game." SIIIIIGH.

But hey, it was the most exciting game I've been to thus far and the first one where someone actually got eliminated. It was absolutely heartbreaking to see the Algeria fans after the game and for a moment I felt like crying. They put up a great fight, but the US was robbed of another goal AND Donovan scored in 90+. Oh well, they still managed to knock out Egypt!
So today we head to Polokwane to see Paraguay's last 1st round game v. New Zealand. We're 30 minutes late leaving, guess why. Should be an easy one... I hope!

So La Gata Fina's Sexy Man of Yesterday...

Tim Cahill, the Aussie who pays for Everton.


His arm tattoo supposedly honoring his Samoan heritage... is sexy. His tan skin is so sexy. The fact that he saved Ghana's chances by scoring against Serbia, also very sexy. Silencing his critics through football and not catty words (a la Crissy,) also very sexy. Apparently he has a tattoo in honor of his brother in prison... so I'm sure sexiness runs in the fam. lolz, jk!

Off to Polokwane for Paraguay v. Kiwis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment