Thursday, June 17, 2010

Nigerian Heartbreak, El Tri Victorious... and Pictures

So we went to the Nigeria v. Greece game. I was really rooting for Nigeria in this game, so I'm mildly upset. Not only is Vincent Enyeama an absolutely amazing goalie, (he was still the man of the match) but South Africa has a huuuuge Nigerian population and I was hoping to enjoy a little bit of partying with them. They played a man down most of the game and still came close a few times, but unfortunately, the Greek squeezed by.

And then... only a few hours after I declare my love for Mexico, they stomp France. Straight up stomping right there. I was half asleep the whole time (I'm tired and getting sick) but I was awake to see the goals and hear Cielito Lindo again. I wish I was in Polokwane tonight to celebrate with the Mexiz like I was doin' in the picture below...

and here are a few more pics of the last few days...

The band above was playing at Mama Africa, a really touristy restaurant, but they were awesome.


My outfit a the Italy game. Sadly, I did not make it on TV, but I still have 2 more tries.

A shot of the Paraguay v. Italy game.


The first miracle of Jesus.

A nice pic from the wine tour that we were late for. "Hi, sorry we're late, we're here for Paraguay and they tied Italy last night." -Me
A delicious lunch with the Brits on the tour.

and that's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment