Friday, June 11, 2010

Waka Waka, Day 1

After 20 minutes fiddling with Pimp Text, I’m giving up and leaving The Goal Digger title as is. Pretend it’s glittery.

So thoughts on day 1… I spent the Mexico v. S.A. game on the computer and watching the game with my dadz (HAPPY B’DAY PAPI!) and the France v. Uruguay game at Dukem on U St. feasting on Ethiopian food and hoping to God and La Virgen that goldilocks would score.

Mexico v. South Africa

South African macarena

Did the South Africans buy the ref? I’m not going to lie, I am happy about what happened, but Vela got robbed of the first World Cup goal. Yes, the Mexicans can get over it, especially because Tshabalalalalala had a BEAUTIFUL goal. Definitely first goal worthy. And Rafa showed up with the equalizer in the 2nd half anyways. All in all, good game, I was happy with the result. It's a win for South Africa and a loss for Mexico... hahaha

Siphiwe Tshabalalalalalala might be the man of the match, but Steven Pienaar is the Goal Digger’s pick for Sexiest Baller of the Day.

Uruguay v. France

I was 30 minutes late to this game, but I don’t think I missed much. Nicolas Lodeira will be missing the next game due to that wicked foul on Sagna. The last few minutes were intense with the French offense taking full advantage of being one man up, but Henry failed to impress proving he is not the next Zidane. I would have liked the Sudacas to take the win, but alas, we shall see.

1 comment: